May 23, 2000
OYSTER SAUCE CHICKEN
- Half a chicken (cut into small pieces)
- 1 large onion
- 3 pips garlic
- 2 inch ginger
- 1 small can button mushrooms
- 6 tbsp oyster sauce
- Hard vegetables (optional) - capsicum, celery, carrot
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- Chop onion and garlic fine.
- Pound and extract juice from ginger.
- Cut into half the button mushrooms.
- Heat up cooking oil in a wok.
- Fry garlic and onions in the oil.
- Add chicken.
- Cover and cook in its own juice for about 10 - 15 minutes, adding a little water if necessary.
- Add mushrooms and any hard vegetables.
- Fry till vegetables are softened.
- Add oyster sauce.
- Finally add ginger juice and dish out. Eat with rice.
Note: No salt needed in this recipe.
All enquiries to: Irene Matthews at email@example.com